The title of my blog "Learning How to Rest/Take A Break" is something my mother in law, Laura, is teaching me about. She has convinced me that it is o.k. to rest and take a break from life.
I have been in school none stop for two years (taking classes spring, summer, winter & fall) and will continue for another year or so.... because right now Im taking spring & summer classes at BYU to graduate in August, then I start Grad school two weeks latter at the U.
Anyway, I have lots of extra time because Im not working. The IMS program I was going to start in two weeks got canceled. So, I thought "maybe I should get a job". If I did get a job I would only be able to work for about 2 months. The problem is, who wants to hire someone for only two months.
So, I look at this situation as a gift. When Im not in class, which right now is Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday, and don't need to do homework I can consider it vacation time. During the time I dont do homework or other random things I sleep, organize, work out and watch lots of TV. This has been going on for a couple of weeks and will continue till I start at the U in August. At first, it was so nice and in the past week I have felt guilty about this situation. I feel like I should be working, or doing something to fill my time. I'm reminded by Laura, "Your in school, that is plenty to do". I agree, but at the same time feel guilty because I have extra time that Im not used to having.
When we went walking the other day we talked a little more about this. We talked about how its o.k. to rest your body and as Laura says it "Center Yourself". So while I'm finishing school, with no job and extra time, I'm going to not feel guilty and "center myself". After I'm done studying for the day or the week, Im going to take a break and do the things that I want to do. I honestly have not done this for a long time. I just need to make sure I don't feel guilty and remind myself that its needed. Especially, before starting a vigorous Grad program.
You deserve a break every now and then. I just had a 7 week break. It was awesome. Enjoy it!
ReplyDelete