A Professional Dancer!!!
Ok, this sounds cheesy. Only because I started considering myself a professional dancer when I started Grad School. But, I get to really be a professional dancer! Let me explain....
Today, I practiced Standard and Smooth (Ballroom dance stuff) with Nathin Cashion. We danced together on tour team at BYU. After talking last semester, practicing today, and researching the professional dance atmosphere we finally decided to compete Smooth as Professional partners. I never thought this would happen, because professional ballroom dancers dont usually find partners and or train in Utah. They usually go to LA, NY, or NJ to find a professional partner and train. Since I was married a little young and still dancing as an Amateur I knew it would be impossible. So, I let the dream go. Surprisingly, my dream dancing Ballroom professionally has come true! The best part is that John is extremely supportive! Today, I talked to him about how much this would mean to my professional carer as a dancer and how much I have wanted to compete Ballroom professionally. All he said back to me was "I think this opportunity is great! You should definitely do it!" So supportive!
So, Im sure you are all wondering how this is going to work with Grad School. Well it wont be that easy. But, I am willing to go for it! I kinda feel like its now or never. I will go to school during the day and continue to dance at night. Its going to be great!
That's awesome! So... what does this mean? You go to professional competitions rather than amateur? Where are the competitions? Does a professional dancer win... better prizes? Or is it all prestige? I obviously don't know anything about dancing.
ReplyDeleteI will answer your questions in another post!
ReplyDeleteSweet. Good luck. You are right, it's best to do it now when the opportunity has presented itself.
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome; when I was a young girl I wanted to be a professional dancer, and I never thought I would know someone who could actually do it. I'm so happy for you. Looking forward to future updates!
ReplyDelete