Friday, February 25, 2011

Im going to the U!

Im so excited to announce that I finally got my letter and have been accepted to the Modern Dance MFA program! I was shaking so hard when opening the letter and screamed when I read the word "Congratulations"! Not only that, they are offering me a full tuition scholarship to the IMS summer program. This program is not a part of the Master program, its an extra certification program. The U offers this scholarship to only 2 incoming freshman every other year. It cost $9,500 for the two summers and to get citified as a Laban Movement Analysis for FREE is pretty cool! When I applied, me and John knew that attending the summer IMS program would only be possible if offered that scholarship and I GOT IT!!! John said to me today, "You should do it". That is enough confirmation from my love to go. Now, I just have to wait to see if I get offered an Assistantship. Which means I would get a half tuition scholarship, a $3,000 stipend and work with a professor on a personal level for the 2011-2012 school year. They decide the scholarship recipients for the MFA program in April. For now, I just need to respond that I want to attend the U and that I accept the IMS full tuition scholarship. I will just have to hope and pray that the rest falls into place, because I really need more financial support and getting an Assistantship would be the icing on the cake! Besides all this stuff, Im extremely grateful for everything I have. Having the opportunity to get more education and study dance in depth will be an amazing journey!

5 comments:

  1. That is so amazing! Congratulations! We knew they would have to be stupid not to let you in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Congrats Krista, thats sooooo exciting! Now that you will go to the U, you will have to come visit me and Evie since I live so close to it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so proud of you and happy that you are achieving your goals. You and Johnny work hard and deserve the opportunities that come your way. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is so awesome! And the scholarship is pretty sweet, too. Mike and I will have to plan a trip out to Utah when we can see you dance; it'd be so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete