Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dance in the Past, Present and Future!

So, I feel pretty stupid that I haven't blogged since the beginning of school. Me and John have been way busy with school and developing ourselves in our Major. John has school till about 7pm every night and I am a dancing machine! The last two weeks have probably been the hardest; with tests and having to perform at the same time.

Here is the update of my past, present and future dance performances/experiences.

  • In the past, I performed in World of Dance, and Homecoming Spectacular at BYU.
  • Now, I'm preparing to perform in the Ballet Showcase, Senior Showcase and Compete at the BYU November comp. Its a lot of work but worth it to me and helps me out in my Major!
  • In the future, (which is not too far away), Im going to Arizona for the National Dance Organization Conference. Hopefully I can network with people outside of Utah and find a job when John and I move away for more school. John has narrowed down his options for school to three places: Texas, St. Louis and Oregon. We will be moving in January 2012!

I thought I would also share some pictures from a dance photo session that happened yesterday! There are only a few that Garret (0ur photographer) posted, so more may come latter.





This one is my favorite so far (above).


Me and my sister had fun taking pictures together!







I thought it would be fun to take a picture with all my ballroom dance shoes. I don't know how many are here, but there are a lot! It signifies all the hard work I have put into my dancing. I love it!

7 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures! You have more dance shoes than I have actual shoes in my closet! But that makes sense for a dancer. I can tell they have been well used. Hey, how can you leave in Jan. 2010? That was 10 months ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are moving in the past! I didn't know that you are Johnny are time travelers. Wow, if only I had known this before, I could have used it for my own advantage.

    I am glad that you are a dancing fiend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that...... we will be moving in 2012. It is fixed now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, then that gives us 1 yr 2 months to see you and love you before you leave on the new adventures of your life together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pictures! I still haven't gotten to see you perform so it's nice to see pictures of what you can do. I hope John gets into the school he wants. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't move away... i'll be sooooo sad!!!!! But, i'll suck it up, if its a must!!! I love the pics krista! I ran into this girl the other dau that does ballroom at BYU, and I asked if she knew you and she thought you were an awesome dancer! her name was Andi... you might know her??! Love you!! keep us updated with john!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures! They show what a good dancer you are.

    ReplyDelete