My little brother, Casey, graduated from Timpanogos High School this year. He will be attending BYU this year with me and my other brother Kyle who just returned from the Nashville Tennessee mission. Kyle came home after Casey's graduation. Thats why its just me, my sister Carli and my parents in these pics.
In the middle of June, Kyle came home from his mission. I dont have pics at the moment, but i thought it would still be nice to mention it!
At the end of June, me and John traveled with Laura, Sarah and Mark to Cali to visit family and have some fun vacation time. We stopped in St. George to have lunch with Laura's friend and then stopped for the night in Vegas. We saw a Cirque Du Soleiu show called KA.
It was awesome!
The next day, Friday, we traveled to Cali. Me, John and Laura stayed at Grandpa Moses's, while Mark and Sarah stayed at a beach house in Ocean Side.
On Saturday, we had the chance to visit with uncle Ron, aunt Linda and her family.
We played at the beach for a short time.
On Sunday, Grandpa took us to Lagona Beach to eat pastries by the sea.
I Love this picture of me and John. This is a picture of Lagona Beach behind us.
On monday we played at the Knotts' Berry Farm Theme Park.
John just had to play this game. Actually I really wanted him to hit it. He won a little toy.
This roller coaster was crazy! It took off at 90mph, went straight up and dropped us at a 90 degree angel. I dont think I have ever had a roller coaster take my breath away. It was an amazing rush! I love roller coasters!
Ha Ha!
At the end of the day, we just had to buy something berry from Knotts. Laura bought jam and I bought blueberry syrup. YUM!!!
Our 4th of July weekend was spent at my families cabin in midway. I love this place! Most of these pictures are of our four wheeling experience. Me and John rode together on Saturday. It was his first time driving a four wheeler and he did great. We drove on some pretty steep and rocky roads. I was even a little nervous at times. Overall it was so fun!
At one point, we came across a tree (actually several) in our path. Usually we can find a way around it, but this time we couldn't. So what do we do? We cut it down with a small ax and a small saw. My Uncle Scott is always prepared!
The result!
It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get to the top. At the top we visited a grave site, ate lunch and looked down on the beautiful valley.
My family and the other owners bought a Ranger. Its basically a big four wheeler. Its next to John. Its so cool! It can carry 5 people and can drive up anything! Carli and my Dad used the Ranger on this trip. Its a totally different experience from ridding a one or two person four wheeler.
The whole gang!
On Sunday, we had a BBQ and ate outside. I love this pic, because my dad is standing on his toes and trying to look big next to John. I love my dad, he is always making me and my family laugh.
I took time to teach my little sister some guitar. Im letting her borrow it for some lessons and girls camp. I love playing the guitar, but have been too busy to really get some use out of it. At least it will get used now, till my parents buy her one. I started guitar the summer before 10th grade. I took lessons and took it with me to girls camp for two years. I was pretty good at the time, but have gotten a little rusty. Maybe I will pick it back up as one of my main hobbies after I graduate.
Im ridding the red one.
What a fun summer so far! I dont think we have any other vacation time coming up. I start dance rehearsals in a week and John starts working with BYU football in August.
Loved all the pics! So glad you used my "pastries by the sea" phrase. I'm glad that you have had a fun and relaxing week and a half. You both deserve it after working so hard all year long. I love you both!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! It's nice for those of us who weren't there to see all the fun you had. You and John seem like you're doing well and I'm glad about that. Have fun with dance rehearsals!
ReplyDeleteKrista, You are so busy, looks like a BLAST! I can't believe how old Casey is.. I remember him being so young when we were in highschool! I'm jealous you went to Cali, You look so adorable! Miss you! Love the pictures :)
ReplyDeleteJealous. Enjoy this fancy free time before you and Johnny start having kids. It is so nice to just pick up and go on vacation.
ReplyDelete