Thursday, October 8, 2009

Going to see Doctors


Going to see some doctors this week with Johnny. We all ready traveled to SLC yesterday to meet with a specialized doctor at the Rocky Mountain Clinic and it was good. Dr. Folly thinks Johnny's eye sight could come back, compared to our doctor here in Provo that thinks it wont. So, that felt good to hear that come from another, but yet more specialized MS doctor.

Johnny will be starting an MS drug called Avonex in the next couple of weeks. A nurse has to come to our home and show John how to give himself a shot. I hate shots! He will have to give himself a shot every week and hopefully we will see improvements. Dr. Folly said that if we don't see any improvements in three months to move up to a more potent drug called Thysebra. We are expecting him to feel really sick for the first month being on Avonex. Dr. says that most patients feel sick like the flue and to just expect it. I'm excited to get him on an MS drug, finally! but not excited to watch him feel sick for a month. Maybe he wont experience the side effect, but i think that's wishfully thinking.

We will be visiting an Opthomologist on Friday. She will hopefully tell us if he is experiencing Opticneouritis. If this is the case, his eyes have a better chance of healing and coming back to their full potential. We also were told that Avonex will help with this Opticnuoeritis if he has it. Which is good, because i think one medication is good for now.

Besides Johnny, whom i love very much, school is going ok for me. I have two block classes that end in the next two weeks and my time is going to free up a bit. No more night class for four hours! After October 20th. John is doing well in school. He is now only taking 9 credits and loves his athletic training class. I really hope he decides to keep going forward with this major. I think its a great option for his situation!

We love all of you out there and thank you for your love and support!

5 comments:

  1. All those steriods he's been on should help with the athletic training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, are you trying to make a positive out of a negative? I'm just glad that we can get more info and have some hope and direction in what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...that picture you have of the Rocky Mountain Clinic looks oddly like a temple... j/k ;P

    Keep the updates coming. We're keeping you both in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear, Krista. I have been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. krista...! I never knew this about your husband! did he just get diagnosed with MS? my sister in law is getting checked tomorrow for it. i would really really really love to hear more about how they diagnosed it, how he is doing etc... maybe i'll call you! prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete