As most of you know, i will not be dancing with the tour team next year. When most people hear this they tend to think im done dancing. Im so happy to say that this is not the case! I will still be competing this year. Im dancing Smooth and Cabaret. Two categories i have not done (well, i did do smooth but like 6 years ago). Plus im a dance education major, of coarse i still have to dance.
I will also be the J.V. coach for the Orem High School Ballroom team. Im very excited! I just accepted the job and cant wait to choreograph and teach high school students. Although, i am just a bit nervous about it. I will still teach classes for BYU in the fall and winter and teaching College students will be very different from high schoolers.
Dancing is a part of you and one of your amazing talents. I knew that you would keep busy with dancing activities and jobs. You will be an awesome coach. Probably your biggest challenge in HS will be getting the kids to focus. Keep them moving. Use humor.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know there was such thing as a dance education major (outside of schools that specialize in the Arts). But it's BYU, so that should come as no surprise.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you get to teach (and get paid for!) something that you're passionate about. And dancing is so much fun; I think even the highschool kids will enjoy it. :)
That's so cool! I had no idea that these were your plans.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Way to make money for doing the things that you love!
ReplyDelete