So, this is the first time i have gotten the internet all week. I wanted to post pictures earlier, but seemed almost impossible! So here is a little bit about each day so far, with pictures. This is the first week or our tour
Monday –
We left Monday morning about 5 am or so driving the whole day eastward, for roughly 15 hours to Lincoln, Nebraska. For some, it is so hard to sleep on a bus, but I and John don’t have to hard of a time. Probably the most significant thing that happened to us the first day is getting moved to a different hotel, because our planned hotel had been struck by lightning the night before. We arrived at our hotel about 10:30 at night and slept nicely.
Tuesday –
We woke up and ate a nice continental breakfast and then it was back on the road. We traveled another five hours to Liberty, Missouri. John and I got to ride in the wonderful, lovely, spacious equipment truck. On state side tour(s) we take this big truck filled with our props and technical equipment. It follows the bus and usually 3 to 4 students get to ride in it the days we travel more than three hours. John and I got the entire back space to ourselves for about five hours. Heavenly!!! The only thing we didn’t like about the truck was this hot air shooting out at the bottom of our feet.
We arrived at Liberty Jail in Missouri. It was a neat experience and there is so much history there. It isn’t the original Liberty Jail, but the Church re-built an exact replica of the Jail on the same ground. The only original part of the building is the floor that Joseph Smith sat on. Pretty Cool!
Our first performance of the Tour was in Kansas City, Missouri. We performed in the Folly Theater. It was a gorgeous theater, very big inside and had cool décor.
Wednesday –
We meet just outside of the LDS Independence Visitors Center. There we visited Community of Christ Temple (we call it the ice cream cone temple), LDS Visitor Center, and the Temple plot.
The funny thing is that all three of these places are on the same intersection. We were able to go inside the Community of Christ Temple and see there chapel. We took pictures by the temple lots and then it was another two
hour ride to our next stop, Topeka, KS.
Thursday –
We traveled to Adam-ondi-Ahman, and took pictures on Tower Hill and the Valley view. We also traveled to
That night we traveled to St. Louis to do a fireside and workshop with youth kids. It was fun to watch John shake his hips during the cha-cha!
Friday –
This was a way fun day! We got to go up the Gateway arch. The arch is along the Missouri River, which is flooding at the moment. We also went to the Zoo in St. Louis, which is Free! I was very impressed with the Zoo, it was so clean and they had way awesome animals. (i wanted to post more pics, but there are so many already). We wanted to do a session in the St. Louis Temple, but because we didnt have enough time we just did Cealings. Still way cool! Our performance
Saturday -
We traveled to Hannibal and visited where Tom Sawyer boyhood home. I will admit it was a little boring and so we just found a park and played.
Sunday
I loved today! We attended Church in Fairfield and then travleded 2 hours to Nauvoo. I absolutly love Nauvoo! I was here two summers ago performing with the back up touring team for two weeks.
I love my Johnny!
We also walked around Old Nauvoo. I have before, but Johnny hasnt before, so it was tons of fun! We got to see the graves of Emma, Joseph and Hyrum. We also walked through the Red Brick Store, Scovil Bakery, Cultural Hall, Browning Gun shop, and Printing Press. I just love this place because it is taken care of Couple Missionaries.
Taking a walk down Nauvoo.


Un saludo, hacen buena pareja...
ReplyDeleteSounds like so much fun! Anthon and I want to go out there and tour all the LDS stuff. Keep posting as you go!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures. I'm glad you guys are safe and having fun!
ReplyDeleteI finally found your blog. Awesome pictures! I'm glad that you and John are having a great time and a spiritually uplifting experience. We love you.
ReplyDeleteWow, you guys have done a lot! You and Johnny are crazy in pictures, it is awesome.
ReplyDeleteMike & I went to Nauvoo last month and it was beautiful, despite the thunder storm. Did you two visit the Wilford Woodruff home? John's related to him, and if you tell the workers that, you can sign the book of Pres. Woodruff's relatives. Mike did, and I think his mom did a few years ago.
ReplyDeleteYou are never going to post again are you? Sad.
ReplyDelete